Pages - Menu

Friday 21 February 2014

London Fashion Week Part 1

I've finished Fashion Week! Interning with a PR company was quite an experience. I delivered invites to half of East London and run across Leicester Square with £3000 of clothes in a bag. For Fashion Week I was then working at ME Hotel and assisting in some shows our company represent. I thought I would make a 3 part post including my own snaps and my top 6 designers the showed. Hope everyone else had an amazing LFW xxxxx

David Koma
I love the structured style he used, and who futuristic those bondage style panels look. The mesh pieces are my favourite and the monochrome palette adds to the simplicity.

Jasper Conran
I wonder if he watched his 'sex and the city' boxset when looking for inspiration? I though this catwalk walked right off the 90s and I love it. The simple spaghetti strap dresses and plain pump shoes with these long loose coats are so Carrie, and the colour palette (that orange!) is simply perfect. I can't explain how much I love this collection, I would wear ever single piece.

Mary Katrantzou 
No digi prints? No bright colours? I couldn't believe it when i saw Mary's collection, it seems she's moved onto embellishments. Her inspiration was looking at various uniforms such as the Boy Scouts which is where the medallions and badge embellishments are from. I  think the collection is beautiful, especially some of the little dresses, and think it will be worn a lot of red carpet events.

2 comments: